Monday, September 21, 2009

Making the most of I -google

or organsing things in a better way. That is the plan.



I had not realised you could create tabs within I- google which means I can create tabbed pages focussing on different things. So home with basic weather and news stuff, then family organisation then research and so you keep going with favourites also in there. Must see if I can link Delicious account to it. Have got Facebook and trademe in there as well as library links -- both national and local.
I am having a wee challenge getting flickr or similar in but will keep perservering.

This along with the delicious type of resources is fantastic for keeping things mobile which is what I and many others need more and more. My next wee challenge is to HELP Geoff take some of this on board as he is technologically competent but frustrated and has many things scattered on his machines. He has 3 computers he uses so a comprehensive resource which he can access at all of them could be useful.

In Libraries or at work a very useful tool and even for someone like me who works at home as well as in the Learning Centre. Things can be in both places.

Maybe I could do this with some of older groups. They would have less they had to find each time they opened the machine as things would be waiting for them therefore less chance of error.

Yes an I-google session is coming up next term.

No comments: